Will You Take the Step Up Challenge?
Thursday 29th August 2019
Will you go the extra mile for a good cause? Literally? St. Vincent’s Hospice are looking for supporters to get sponsored to walk 30 miles between Sunday 1 and Monday 30 September. Just one mile a day.
Following the cancellation of their traditional sponsored walk earlier this month, the Hospice launching their new “Step Up Challenge” to harness the good will and support of so many people across the community.
Fundraising Manager for St. Vincent’s, Carol-Anne Lamont, said: “We know that some of you are disappointed that our annual event was cancelled a few weeks ago, but we are genuinely excited to take on this brand new challenge, and tap into just some of the incredible energy that our supporters have to support our Hospice.
“We know that people are extremely busy, and might want to support, but don’t know where to begin or maybe don’t have the spare time to come along to an event. That’s why the Step Up Challenge is perfect! Not only can you make a difference to people who need Hospice care, you can do it while getting a bit healthier and to a schedule that suits you!”
So what’s involved? Very simple:
- Walk 30 miles over the course of September. This can either be done in 1 mile a day sessions, or take on a race and see how fast you can hit your target!
- Encourage people to sponsor you!
- Set up a JustGiving page at: https://www.justgiving.com/stvincents/donate
- Create a Fundraising page via Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/fund/StVincentsHospice/
- Contact our Fundraising Team at 01505 705 635 to request a sponsor form or support materials.
- Share your progress with us! Tag:
- Vincent’s Hospice on Facebook
- @StVincentsHosp on Twitter and Instagram
- Use #SVHStepUp
Carol-Anne added: “Not only is exercise good for your physical and mental health, but by just going that extra mile this month, you will make a huge difference to the lives of people in your community. Please, set yourself the Step Up Challenge this month for our Hospice!”
For more information or support materials, please contact the St. Vincent’s Fundraising Team on 01505 705 635.